Patient online services are available on the NHS App. Owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. More information on the App can be found here
Use the NHS App to:
- share your COVID-19 status – view and share proof of your COVID-19 status for travel.
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery. See details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- get health advice – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice and medical help near you.
- view your health record – securely access your GP health record to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP surgery has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations.
- register to be an organ donor – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view your NHS number – find out what your NHS number is.
After you download the app, you will need to set up an NHS login and prove who you are. The app then securely connects to information from your GP surgery.
If your device supports fingerprint detection or facial recognition, you can use it to log in to the NHS App each time, instead of using a password and security code.
For full access to coded medical records and test results, you will need to complete this patient online access application form and bring to the surgery with photo ID. Once a member of our reception team has verified your identify, you will be emailed a linkage key and ODS code which you will be required to use to set up full access.
For patients who prefer not to use their mobile phone, we recommend using Patient Access. To set up your account, please complete the patient online access application form and bring to reception with photo ID to receive a linkage key.